Friday, October 16, 2009

Yara sili sili (Hindi)


Ah! One of my all time fav. song from the movie 'Lekin' and sung by none other than Lata Mangeshkar, known as the nightingale of India. I'm not going to say much about this one. Listen to this and see why this is an all time fav. of mine.

The lyrics for those who are interested:


Yara sili sili,
Birha ki raat ka jalna,
Yara sili sili,
Dhola sili sili,
O! Yara sili sili,
Dhola sili sili,
Yara sili sili,
Birha ki raat ka jalna.


Ye bhi koi jeena hai (2)
Ye bhi koi marna... Yara sili sili...


Tuti hui chudiyon se,
Jodu ye kalayi mein,
Pichli gali mein jane,
Kya chod aayi mein (2)


Biti hui galeeyo se (2)
Phir se guzarna... Yara sili sili...


Pairon me na saya koi,
Sar pe na sai re,
Mere sath gaye na,
Meri parchai re (2)


Bahar ujada hai (2)
Andar veerana... Yara sili sili...



Yara sili sili... | Online recorder

4 comments:

  1. Oh how I have missed this voice....haunting and enchanting all in one....I love how your heart is so exposed in your singing....wonderful my friend, thank you for bringing music into my world.

    peace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw this song sounds really sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautifully sung... This song wasn't really in one of my favourites, but guess this is the first time I took note of the lyrics. It was just wonderful the way you effortlessly touched the high notes without letting off the feeling from the singing..

    Keep singing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice!! Good job!

    Braja sent me an Indian Mantra the other day. She told me it would heal my heart. It is frankly, the most beautiful thing I've ever heard.

    Send me your email and I will forward it to you.

    ReplyDelete

Positive or Negative. I'd be happy as long as you say something about this...

Related Posts with Thumbnails